Do my customers want Video Emails from me?
• Yes, 78% of consumers indicated they would “look forward” to receiving any type of email from a business they frequent. (AOL Survey)
• 66% of consumers indicated an email of any type from an existing business relationship was the best form of customer service they had experienced in their lives. (AOL Survey)
Does email marketing boost sales?
• 68% of the respondents said they have made purchases online after receiving email.
• “…a discount was the most compelling motivational factor for making an immediate
purchase after clicking on an email (70%).” (DoubleClick)
Should I send Video Emails to my existing customers?
• The odds of selling a product to a new customer are 15%, whereas the odds of selling a product to an existing customer are 50%. (Bain and Co.)
• Acquiring a new customer costs five to ten times more than retaining one. (eMarketer)
• Repeat customers spend 67% more. (Bain and Co.)
Can I build my business on referrals?
• Absolutely, yes! After ten purchases, a customer has referred up to seven people.
(Bain and Co.)
These facts also show that recipients have become savvier in managing their email inboxes,
and more particular about what they open and respond to:
“Email sender recognition and relevant content are the keys to successful email marketing; both have a dramatic impact on likeliness to open and convert.”
See Data that backs the Results:
1. More sales.
Video helps conversion rates.
• 35% increase in the sales conversion rate among shoppers who viewed video product tours vs. those who did not (Coremetrics study, 2007).
• Zappos.com, an online retailer, used simple videos of people talking about their products and saw an increase in sales from 6 – 30% (reelseo.com, 2009)
• The number of American users frequenting online video destinations has climbed 339 percent since 2003.
• Time spent on video sites has shot up almost 2,000 percent over the same period. (Neilsen Study, 2009)
2. More traffic to your website.
Web video is currently the backdoor way to getting found on the internet.
According to a 2009 report by Forrester Research, you’re 53 times more likely to have your site appear on page one in Google with video on it.
But why stop there? You can distribute your video to a collection of video and social media websites like Youtube, so that it’s even more visible and popular in the search engines.
And the more your video appears at the top of the web search pile, the more traffic you’ll get to your website.
3. More human connection.
Video lets your personality shine through in a way that’s hard to match. When you “put a face” on your business, products, or services, you stand out. Especially on the web, where it’s not always clear who you’re dealing with.
Your video doesn’t have to be fancy, difficult, or earth-shattering. It just needs to be genuine. Get that down, and you’re on your way to connecting and doing business with even more people.